The following outlines the Society’s recommendations for those animals available for sale or placed on display at Society events.
Animals should be well grown for their age.
Recommended weight ranges for bulls are:
- 18 months of age – minimum of 500kg
- 24 months of age – minimum of 700kg
- 30 months of age – minimum of 850kg
- Under 18 months – Milk teeth
- 18 and under 24 months – 2 teeth
- 24 and under 30 months – 4 teeth
- 30 and under 36 months – 6 teeth
Testicles should be even sized.
- 21 months of age and over – minimum of 35cm
- 5 in 1
- Lepto – or 7 in 1 for both
- 3 day sickness
- 3 germ blood
- Crush side semen test
- Soundness evaluation
- Fat and eye muscle area
- Marbling, Tenderness and Feed efficiency
Female breeding history
- Days to calving and gestation length